This year we have been very blessed as to have been able to take two fabulous trips. Earlier this year we went to Australia and now off the Rome. I won this trip by promoting American Express applications on the airplane for Delta. I ended up with 156 approved applications for the year. I think I did the best in my base.
The trip was for two all expenses paid except for our food. We left on the 24th of September and I got to spend my Birthday in Rome. The trip over was great although no business class for us. We flew to New York and then to Rome. We were picked up there at the airport and driven to our Hotel in the heart of Rome. It was the perfect location right at the Spanish Steps. We did a ton of walking, two tours and even took a train to Florence where they we're having the world bike racing tour. It was a beautiful city as well but had really wanted to see Tuscany and all the tours left in the morning so we weren't able to go since we didn't arrive until 10:30.
The weather was perfect..not to hot and we did have rain one day. The city is beautiful and the people were all very nice. We ate a lot of pizza and pasta. All the restaurants are outside on the street so it was fun to people watch as they walked by. We bought a lot of souvenir's and really had a wonderful time. I even bought me a pair of Italian leather boots and a purse and a wallet with the money the girls had given me for my birthday. Paul bought himself a pair of Italian leather shoes. We bought scarves for the girls and silk ties for the boys and of course lot's of fun things for the grand kids.
While we were gone Holli closed on our new house for us. So when we returned home on the 2nd of October we were new home owners.We were gone for 8 days and the trip home we were able to get the exit row with a lot of leg space. The trip was long coming home but at least it was all in the daylight this time.
We had a wonderful time and wouldn't mind going back again and seeing some more of the country. I would really like to take a Mediterranean cruise someday.





























No comments:
Post a Comment